Jessica's Address in Thailand

Sister Jessica Wallace
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A. Pakkret 11120
Thailand

Jessica's Email Address

About Me

My photo
Bangkok, Thailand
I love being on a mission and I love my family.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3 Nephi 14:13-14

Hello again dearest family!
I love hearing about your week and all of your adventures! Kelsie where did you get to be so creative and cute? I hope you are all just super awesome! My week has been good and really interesting! Time is flying by way fast! So, my crazy story for this week! We had this one guy, Aam, who was a former investigator show up at the church one day, wanting to learn with us again, so we sat down and taught him. He was a little quiet, and weird and kept saying he wanted to learn with the Elders, but he is in our area. Anyway, a little wierd, but he wanted to learn so...great. So the next week we invited Aam to family home evening at a members house and he came and brought two of his friends, who were interested in learning with us too! Awesome! SO we went out to teach these two guys, and it comes out that they don't really know Aam, they had just met him that day and invited them to come with him, because He told them that he was dating Elder Doria, one of the elders in Khorat, and wanted them to meet him. So Aam is going around telling people that He and Elder Doria are married and living together. He also has been telling people that Sister Tano is married and really rich, and that I am married and used to be a famous club singer...yeah, we aren't teaching this kid anymore! Hahaha! But I am so glad that we met him, because his two friends are WAY awesome investigators!
Also, Satan is working really hard against us right now, through other crazy "Christian" religions. Actually just one. It is called Yole. I don't know if you've heard of it or not, but it is really huge in Thailand right now. Apparently, it is like a combination of all religions and this Chinese guy with a bunch of "missionaries" goes around giving people power and "the light of Christ". But they have to pay for it. Yeah...it is NUTS! Anyway this guy and his missionaries have been coming around here, so when we go inviting, people don't want to listen to us, because they think that we are part of that group. They keep telling us, "You already came here". Some of them have already joined that religion so they don't need to join again. It is really really crazy. But the ones who are prepared will recognize us as God's true servants.
So I read something I really loved this week in True To The Faith. It says, "You are a recipient of divine mercy when HEavenly Father hears and answers your prayers". That was a really humbling moment for me, to realize that I am not even worthy for God to hear and answer my prayers, because I am a "natural man". But what a huge testament of God's love, that He listens and answers anyway. I love that. And it has helped me to take my prayers more seriously; to thank more and ask for less.
Anyway, I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Can't wait to hear from you next Monday!
Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment