Jessica's Address in Thailand

Sister Jessica Wallace
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A. Pakkret 11120
Thailand

Jessica's Email Address

About Me

My photo
Bangkok, Thailand
I love being on a mission and I love my family.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

And the world will know-3 Nephi 20:12-13, 30-35;21:2​6-29

Hello wonderful, awesome, crazy, come with a warning label family!
I am so glad to hear that you all are doing well! I am sorry Spring Break is over, but just think, that means not very long until SUMMER!!!!! Which is funny cuz the schools here are already in bidterm (summer). They will pick back up again in May or June. Yay, soccer! It sounds like you guys are all having way too much fun with soccer! I love it! No one gets to quit playing, though, cuz I expect Saturdays when I come home to be full of watching everyone's soccer games!
This week was crazy! It went by SO fast, and it was SO fun! Sister Tano and I have some really incredible investigators that we are so excited to watch come unto Christ. That is seriously the greatest miracle ever. Watching these Buddhist people who have no knowledge of God or Christ, have no idea that they are children of God, and that He has a plan for them, do a complete 180. Watching them come to know God and their Savior, and seeing the change that makes in them and in their lives is the most beautiful, incredible thing I have ever seen. And I am so grateful to get to be a small part of that, of God's work. This week one of the Elders investigators was baptized, and it was SO cool! Not gonna lie, I cried. He bore his testimony and talked about how he thought Christianity was nuts, but his friend was meeting with the missionaries, so he came to. The Elders told him to just try praying and see what happened, try reading the BOM and see what happened, try comiogn to church, etc. And he has this incredible testimony that as he did those things, his life began to change. He came to know God and Jesus Christ, and see the blessings that come from living the gospel, and came to know that this is more than just religion. This is the truth. So great!
Sadly, Sister Tano and I have not yet been able to watch conference. We have to wait until next week when it gets translated and sent to Thailand. But I think we might get to download it and watch it in English with some phillipino members, while the other members watch in Thai. Hopefully! I really would like to be able to understand Conference! Was it amazing? What was your favorite talk?
So, really quick funny story. In thai Jesus Christ is Phrayeesuu Khrid. So we have this one investigator, he is SO funny. I think he might be gay, but we haven't asked him yet. Anyway, we were reviewing the Godhead with him, and asked, "Who is the second member of the Godhead?" and he was like, "Phrayeesuu Khrid amen". HAHAHAHA!!! He thought that amen was a part of Christ's name. I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna pee my pants! So great!
This week I have been studying and reading a lot about the gathering of Israel, and the more I study and understand about God's plan and about how He is working adn has been working since the beginning to bring all His sons and daughters to salvation, the more I am amazed and in awe of it. God's plan is so beautiful, and so perfect. And I am so grateful to have this opportunity to have my testimony of that strengthened every day, and to be a small little part of God's work in gathering all of His children who have no knowledge of Him. It is such an incredible priviledge.
Ok, anyway, that is all I have for today. I love you all tons! Have an absolutely wonderful week! Make school great, cuz it is!! Can't wait to hear from you next week!
Love you, Jess
P.S.-I have a question. My investigators don't seem to understand the concept of NEEDING to go to church every week, so it got me to thinking, adn I would like to know what you all think. Why is it essential to go to church every single week?

No comments:

Post a Comment