Jessica's Address in Thailand

Sister Jessica Wallace
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A. Pakkret 11120
Thailand

Jessica's Email Address

About Me

My photo
Bangkok, Thailand
I love being on a mission and I love my family.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 4th, 2011

Hello family! Another week gone by and this one actually feels like it went fast! Hopefully they all start to feel that way! Monday and Tuesday were spent getting Sister Lish packed and ready to go home. Then Wednesday we went down to Bangkok and I got to spend the day with some of the other sisters, which was SO fun! Then Thursday we had transfer meeting! I got to see half of the people who were in the MTC with me, which was awesome! I feel like they are my MTC family and it was so great to get to see and catch up with them, since I haven't seen any of them except Sis. Farnsworth in over 3 months! So crazy! So my new companion, Sister Tano, is awesome! It's kinda funny, she just got done training Sister Farnsworth and now she gets me! She is super sweet and a really hard worker. I have never been so tired since I have been out here as now, but I have never been so happy either. It is so true when they say you just need to work hard and lose yourself in the work. And we just have tons of fun as we are working. It's great! Anyway, she is from Hawaii. The weather here is hot and muggy, but it is better up here in Khorat than down in Bangkok. Bangkok is SO STINKIN HOT!! Kinda glad I am not there right now, but I am hoping that I get to serve there at some point, cuz it is way cool! The work is still kinda slow here right now, but we have been working really hard, and I know that in the Lord's time He will bless us for that.
I'm so excited for the girls to get to go on trek! I so loved getting to do that and I'm sure they will too! I wish I could go too! That would be really good if you were able to move into a different house in your ward boundaries. I have gotten a couple of letters and an e-mail from Bishop Waite, and he seems way awesome! I can tell that he really loves all of you and is taking good care of you! I will pray that you are able to stay in your ward boundaries too!
As for my favorite scripture, the one that always gets me is Alma 26:11-16. I feel exactly that way. I know that without God I am nothing. I am one of the weak things of the world. But with God I can do all things, and I can glory in that knowledge. But I feel like I have a new scripture every week that touches me, and helps me get through the week, and this week is Ecclesiastes 3:1-11. They are such beautiful scriptures! I love how it talks about all of the joys and pains and heartbreaks and stuggles and fun times in life. "A time to weep and a time to laugh: a time to mourn and a time to dance". And then "I have seen the travail which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it". I know that God gives us good and bad experiences so that we can be molded and refined, and a lot of times that molding and refining really hurts, but, "He hath made everything beautiful in His time". And then at the end of 11. We can't see the perspective God sees. We can't see the end result, but we weren't meant too. God can see it though. He sees the beautiful person we will become at the end of this life, and He knows what we need to experience to get us there. We just have to trust in Him, be patient through the pain, be moldable and wait to see the end result, cuz it's gonna be awesome. These scriptures were just a huge testimony to me of God's love for us, and how much more I need to trust in Him and in His timing.
I love you all so much more than I could ever say, and I know Heavenly Father loves you even more than that. I know that He is watching out for all of you and that He will make everything work out for the best. All we have to do is trust in Him, and keep His commandments. Well, enough preaching for one day...til tonight when I teach a lesson anyway! Have a great week! Be safe, return with honor, don't pick your underwear out of your butt where people can see : ) and keep smiling!
Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment