Jessica's Address in Thailand

Sister Jessica Wallace
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A. Pakkret 11120
Thailand

Jessica's Email Address

About Me

My photo
Bangkok, Thailand
I love being on a mission and I love my family.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Did I really not post the most recent.......shame on me. Email from Jan. 22, 2012

Hello everyone!
Mama, thank you so much for that e-mail! You always have the best advice and I feel so much better today after reading it. You just always seem to know what I need to hear. So thank you thank you thank you!!! Wow, it sounds like Dad had a really scary experience, but I am SO grateful that He is ok. I am so sorry that you have to be away from each other so much. I can only imagine how hard that is on both of you. And working four jobs? Mom! that's crazy! Are you doing ok? Are you sleeping and staying healthy? That is really nice that they are able to switch your schedule at the prison! It will be awsome for you to be able to be home (hopefully?) in the evenings! Are you really going to play soccer and basketball? Way to go! That is so awesome! But are your knees going to be ok? Please tell Dad that I miss him and love him when you talk to him next, and that I know that he is crazy busy right now, but I would love to hear from him if he gets time! Mama, i am so grateful you write me every week! I feel like I am clingy-er (is that a word?) on the other side of the world than I was at home!! Hahaha! But you don't realize how good you have it til its gone. SO I just want to say I am so sorry that I took all that you did for me for granted at home. Being so far away and only getting to e-mail once a week makes me realize how grateful I am for a mom who loves me and does so much for me, and makes me grateful for and miss just being able to sit adn talk to you while you made dinner, or call you on the phone whenever I needed to. but I am SO grateful for e-mail! I thank I would go crazy if I had to wait for letters to get all the way to Thailand!



Wow, this week was hard. But I learned so much from it by the end of the week. So we went to Bangkok at the beginning of the week for Sister Lish to renew her Visa, and I got to see Sister Farnsworth!!! IT was so great to see her! I felt like I was seeing my sister again! But, I also found out that my noongs, the group in the MTC just younger than me, two of them didn't come this week like they were supposed to. One of them went home and one of them had some kidney problems and isn't coming til next week. I am glad the one is coming but it breaks my heart that the other isn't. Anyway, this week most of oujr investigators tinged us (decided not to meet with us anymore), and NONE of them came to church. Even the ones who have baptismal dates. And there has been someone at the church stealing money out of peoples wallets, and yeah, mine was one of those. Luckily, I only had 40 baht of personal money on me (about a dollar), but there was over 600 baht of MSF mission money stolen. I felt SO bad. I shouldn't have left my bag sitting there. None, of my cards or camera or anything else was stolen though, just the money. And the Branch President wanted to take my wallet and have it finger printed and then fingerprint all of the members and investigators at the church to find out who it was (luckily, he gave up on that one). So Sunday morning I felt so overwhelmed, and went into the bathroom to pray away from eveyone, and was adking God what I am doing wrong, what I need to fix to be a better missionary and to not lose investigators. And I just started thinking about how all week I had only looked at the bad. I hadn't stopped to look at all of the ways God had blessed me that week. I also just thought that I need to be trusting in the Lord. In His timing and in His plan. SO those are my goals of things to work on for this week! Oh, and we had transfers so we got a new district leader. His name is Elder Black and he seems awesome! It will be fun to see what he can help us accomplish in Khorat!
Well, I love you all tons adn miss you as always! Hey, by the way, could you please send me some family pictures? I don't have pics of everyone. That would be way awesome! Have a great week!
Jess
P.S. I heard David Archuleta announced he is going on a mission! Is that true?

No comments:

Post a Comment