Jessica's Address in Thailand

Sister Jessica Wallace
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A. Pakkret 11120
Thailand

Jessica's Email Address

About Me

My photo
Bangkok, Thailand
I love being on a mission and I love my family.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Kids Day in Thailand (Email from January 16th)

Hello everyone!
K, I keep having all of these things I want to say and ask, but I never remember to say them, so hopefully I will remember them all this time.
So, you asked me a couple times about the toilet paper in our bathroom. When we shower it doesn't get wet, cuz it is back far enough, but it definately gets a little damp! How is indoor soccer going? Are you playing? How did everything work out with the job at the prison? Were you able to get the hours you wanted? Not gonna lie, you working at a prison makes me really nervous. Thank you so much for sending that poem! I love it so much! And the history is so cool!
Everything here is same as usual. Our investigators are wonderful, except we have one that seems to have dropped of the face of the planet. She won't answer any of our calls and she is never at home or at work when we try to go see her. It is making me really sad. And she is so close to her baptismal date, but she isn't going to make it now. I just love all of these people so much, and it breaks my heart when they quit progressing, because I know what they are giving up! And I know she has felt the spirit really strong, because she came to us at church and told us how she knew she needed to get baptized and that that was what God wanted her to do. How can people give up when they have had that witness. It makes me SO mad at Satan. I just want to be like, "Leave my people alone!!!!! They are so close!" But, of course that isn't how it works, and I just need to trust in God and His timing. Those who are prepared will make it through. And we have some incredible people who truly are SO prepared! I am so grateful for them!
It is starting to get into hot season here now, and man it is muggy. YUCK!!! I have never felt humidity like this and it isn't even rainy season yet! How do people breathe? Hahaha! But I will get used to it, and come home and feel like I am baking in the dry heat! OH, and guess what? They have a wan dek here in Thailand. That means Kids Day! It was on Saturday and it was HUGE!!! The whole day is just about the kids! We went and did some service at a park the morning of and passed out some flyers for our English classes. It was so much fun, and they have a huge carnival going! Carnival rides, all kinds of games and food! So cool! I think I am going to have to tell the US president that we need a wan dek in the US too! Oh, and I ate somtam again, and decided the last one was just really bad, cuz I actually enjoyed this one! And it didn't make me or Sister Lish sick! Yay!!!
Ok, well I love you all tonz and hope you have a great week!
Love ya! Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment